No specific treatment – no curative drug is available. Take complete rest Drink plenty of fluids orally Use paracetamol only Do not use aspirin (salicyclic acid), ibuprofen or nimesulide to bring down fever. Closely WATCH for bleeding from any site.
1. if fever is high grade and not settling.
2. persisting vomiting or severe abdominal pain.
3. immense lethargy or restlessness.
4. or if any of the following signs appear.
a. Blood spots under the skin (petechiae).
b. Bleeding from gums.
c. Nose bleeding (epistaxis).
d. Vomiting blood (hematemesis).
e. low Blood Pressure.
5. Alarming Laboratory parameters include a. Increase in HCT concurrent with rapid decrease in platelet count
6. Co-existing conditions
b. Diabetes mellitus, hypertension.
c. Peptic ulcer, haemolitic anemias and others.
Dr.Nangia was one of the five Physicians from across the globe and the only one from India to be felicitated by her Royal Highness Princess Royal of London on successfully completing the prestigious program of infectious diseases.
© 2018 Delhi Pulmonologist. All rights reserved | Design by Brandshow Digital Solutions